Your offer is the granite foundation of your marketing campaign.
Get it right, and everything else will fall into place. Your headline will grab readers, your copy will sing, your ad layout will hardly matter, and you will have customers running to your door.
Get it wrong, and even the best-looking, best-written campaign will sink like the Titanic.
A powerful offer is irresistible. It gets your audience frothing at the mouth and clambering over each other all the way to your door. Such an offer makes your readers pick up the phone and open their wallets.
Irresistible offers make your potential customers think, “I’d be crazy not to take him up on that,” or “An offer like this doesn’t come around very often.” They instill senses of emotion, desire and, ultimately, urgency.
If you make it easy for customers to purchase from you for the first time, you can spend most of your time keeping them coming back.
What makes a powerful offer?
A powerful offer is one that makes most people respond and take action. It gets people running to spend money on your product or service.
Powerful offers nearly always include elements of urgency and scarcity. They give prospective customers a reason to act immediately instead of putting it off until a later date.
Urgency relates to time. The offer is only available until a certain date, during a certain period of the day, or if you act within a few hours of seeing the ad. The customer needs to act quickly to take advantage of the offer.
Scarcity relates to quantity. Only a certain number of customers will be able to take advantage of the offer. There may be a limited number of spaces, a limited number of products, or simply a limited number of people the business will provide the offer to. As with urgency, this requires that customers act quickly to reap the high value for low cost.
Powerful offers also:
– Offer great value. Customers perceive the offer as having great value — more than a single product on its own, or the product at its regular price. It is clear that the offer takes the reader’s needs and wants into consideration.
– Make sense to the reader. They are simple and easy to understand if read quickly, and that means, among other things, avoiding percentages — use “half off” or “2 for the price of 1” instead of “50 percent off.” There are no “catches” or extra requirements — no fine print.
– Seem logical. The offer doesn’t come out of thin air. There is a logical reason behind it — a holiday, the end of a season, an anniversary celebration, or a new product. People can get suspicious of offers that seem too good to be true and have no apparent purpose.
– Provide a premium. The offer provides something extra to the customer, such as a free gift, or free product or service. They feel they are getting something extra for no extra cost. Premiums are perceived to have more value than discounts.
Finally, remember that when the people in your target market read your offer, they will be asking the following questions:
1. What are you offering me?
2. What’s in it for me?
3. What makes me sure I can believe you?
4. How much do I have to pay for it?
Frank Rowan – Co-founder – Mr. BusinessBuilder, LLC is a small business Internet Marketer providing Website Design, Website Maintenance, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Reputation Management, Video Production, Small Business Client Attraction and Sales Education and Coaching, plus Presentation Skill Education for small business owners, managers, and customer facing employees.
LEARN MORE ABOUT MR. BUSINESS BUILDER – WE NEVER CHARGE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO DESIGN YOUR BUSINESS WEBSITE. WEBSITES DO NOT SELL YOUR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. ON THE OTHER HAND, YOUR CURRENT CONTENT THAT IS MEANINGFUL AND RELEVANT TO YOUR BUYERS’ NEEDS, AND A WELL MAINTAINED WEBSITE DRIVES CONSUMERS WHO ARE READY TO SPEND TO YOU.
LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW WE HELP INCREASE NEW LEADS FOR YOUR BUSINESS, CONVERT YOUR LEADS TO LIFELONG BUYERS, GENERATE MORE TRANSACTIONS WITH YOUR CURRENT CLIENT BASE, MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT UNDERCHARGING FOR THE VALUE YOU OFFER AND INCREASE YOUR PROFITS. AND, HOW WE INFLUENCE BUYERS THAT YOU ARE THEIR BEST CHOICE.